Curses and input

Scott Storkel STORKEL at RICE.BITNET
Fri Sep 23 04:59:24 AEST 1988

I am going to be working on a program that uses curses to provide full screen
terminal independant display of messages from a system wide bulletin board
system.  My question concerns the various input facilities associated with
curses. What exactly is the difference between cbreak, raw, and the various
other input modes? I can't seem to find documentation that says anything more
than "This function sets cbreak input mode." I'm writing this on a Sun 3
running SunOS 3.5, if that matters.

If you can mail a reply directly to me, please do so. Thanks a lot for your
help.

Scott Stor
                                                  Scott Storkel