and another unix joke

Lawrence V. Cipriani lvc at cbnews.ATT.COM
Sat Sep 24 00:29:01 AEST 1988

One joke that got a lot of laughs here was to change a users PS1
prompt while they were logged in by adb'ing their shell process.
This is a good way to learn about the UNIX(tm) operating system!

I used this ksh alias once on someone, took a month for them to
figure out what was going on:

	alias ls='echo "sh: ls:  not found" ; unalias ls'

On a UNIX PDP 11/70 system I mounted a floppy disk on a users home
directory, boy they got very anxious very fast!

--
Larry Cipriani, AT&T Network Systems, Columbus OH, cbnews!lvc lvc at cbnews.ATT.COM