Keeping Time

Dale Van Voorst voorst at wybbs.UUCP
Thu Sep 1 01:27:44 AEST 1988

My question concerns keeping accurate time on a 286/AT running SCO-Xenix.
I have a system that loses about 2 seconds per hour.  We have tried installing
a NiCad battery pack and replacing the mother board.  I had thought replacing
the mother board would have fixed it since it seems like a crystal problem.
Am I just unlucky and have gotten two bad crystals in a row or what? :-(

Some people I have talked to have gone into long explanations about how
certain interrupts that happen on a multi-user system cause the system
to lose time but I can hardly believe that could be the case.

If anybody has any input on this problem I would appreciate some E-mail.

I hope this isn't too much of a hardware problem for this newsgroup.  I
wasn't sure where else to put it.

Thanks,

Dale Van Voorst

voorst at wybbs.UUCP