VT_100 emulation on SUN 2

Joel Spolsky spolsky-avram at CS.YALE.EDU
Sun Sep 18 15:40:18 AEST 1988

In article <40 at sjs.sj.ate.slb.com> lemetayer at sjs.sj.ate.slb.com writes:
| I have a SUN 2 with SUN's windowing environment, suntools.  I would like
| to know if there is an available tool that would run in that environment
| and that would emulate VT100 and VT200 series terminals for a remote access
| to VAX/VMS systems (especially to use VMS's full screen editors).

I thing shelltool or cmdtool, if you made them 24 x 80 exactly,
would emulate VT100 closely enough to work with VMS. There's also
something called vt100tool which I know nothing about.

Joel Spolsky             bitnet: spolsky at yalecs     uucp: ...!yale!spolsky
Yale University          arpa:   spolsky at yale.edu   voicenet: 203-436-1483
"You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause
some watery tart threw a sword at you!!"