halt not by root

Johnnie Peters jsp at marvin.UUCP
Fri Sep 23 10:38:57 AEST 1988

In article <1128 at usfvax2.EDU>, ssi at usfvax2.EDU (Ssi) writes:
> I run a Sun file server with clients. My question is
> how can I give halt(8) permission to users other than
> root. We shut the system down at night and root is
> at home.

	Make a group called halt and change the group of halt to halt.
Then add everybodys name to /etc/group that has permission to run the
halt program.  This may cause some problems with halt because of the
group change.  I can not see any off hand that it would but you can
never tell with out trying.

				--  Johnnie  --