how do i get mail(x) to save replies to netnews articles

Dominic Dunlop domo at riddle.UUCP
Sat Sep 17 03:28:47 AEST 1988

In article <459 at jonlab.UUCP> jon at jonlab.UUCP (Jon H. LaBadie) writes:
>On a SVR2 system, I've installed smail 2.5, and netnews 2.11.
>Using mail (aliased to mailx via ksh), and setting the mailx
>options in ".mailrc", I am able to save copies of my outgoing
>mail: a feature I greatly appreciate!

I'm lazy.  One of these days, I'll get around to editing the Rnmail script
so that it automatically puts the user's logname on the Bcc: header line
of outgoing mail.  Then all the user has to do is transfer it from the
mailbox to their outgoing mail copy file the next time they read their
mail.  Not a complete or elegant solution, but an easy hack.

(For a complete and elegant solution, I'm sure the long C language posting,
834 at vsi.UUCP from Michael Sullivan, is much better.)
--
Dominic Dunlop
domo at sphinx.co.uk  domo at riddle.uucp