Wrapmargin in \"vi\" question

sanford%ssurf at ucsd.edu sanford%ssurf at ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 23 16:21:00 AEST 1988

Date:         Wed, 21 Sep 88 13:25:16 CDT
Sender: I-UNIX%TCSVM.BITNET at Sds.Sdsc.Edu
From: iunix1 at ALMSA-1.ARPA
Subject:      Wrapmargin in "vi" question
Comments: To: info-unix at BRL.MIL
To: sanford%ssurf%ucsd.edu at Sds.Sdsc.Edu

Please respond to this by mail, as the USENET > ARPANET gateway for
this list has been down for weeks, and I cannot see anything posted
to the USENET newsgroup.

I'm one of the user-assistance people at this activity, and just ran
into an odd situation that I can't figure out from reading the manual.
One of our users insists that he had an arrangement whereby he had
the "wrapmargin" feature of "vi" turned on so that it did the line
break at column 80. This now has vanished when some Oracle-specific
stuff in his .profile file was removed.
---
there is more here, but i did not include it
------
Will Martin
iunix1 at almsa-1.arpa
Hi Will,
     I did some experiments and it looks as if you change the co# command in
the termcap file from co#80 to co#81 and then say set wm=1, it wraps on 80.
The person answering this question may have had his own termcap that had this
defined some other place.  I did this on my sysV machine and it seemed to fix
it.  This is the only thing that I can think of.
				   Hope that helps,
				   Mike

Name:				Mike Sanford
University:			Scripps Institution of Oceanography, U.C.S.D.
Telephone:			(619) 534-4870
US MAIL				A-030-SSURF
				La Jolla, CA 92093   USA
E-Mail:				Internet:    sanford at ssurf.ucsd.edu
				BITnet:      msanford at ucsd.bitnet
				UUCP:        ...!ucsd!ssurf!sanford
				SPAN/DECnet: SSURF::SANFORD
				SDSCnet:     sanford at sio.SDSCNET
 Computers:
     Home:                      Atari 400,800,600xl,800xl,130xe (I like Atari)
                                HP 150, NEC  8201
     Office:                    DEC VAX/VMS, AT&T, Alliant, Cray, IBM PC/XT/AT