Alzheimer's Syndrome

Albert Hybl Dept of Biophysics SM hybl at mbph.UUCP
Sun Sep 25 02:33:48 AEST 1988

> Check /usr/spool/news/.rnews for zillions of 0-length files....
                                         (Steven Bellovin[jsw])

Using "ls -CFa /usr/spool/news/.rnews", I get:
/usr/spool/news/.rnews: No such file or directory

Using "ls -CFa /usr4/spool/news/.rnews", I get:
./   ../

comp.unix.questions, comp.unix.xenix by Dave Mathis at UUCP
oliveb!elandes!dave discusses the "Subject: inode amnesia,
no disk space and uucico".  It makes interesting reading and
appears to be directly related to the lost_inode problem
described in the Alzheimer's syndrome messages.

Albert Hybl, PhD.              Office UUCP: uunet!mimsy!mbph!hybl
Department of Biophysics       Home   UUCP: uunet!mimsy!mbph!hybl!ah
University of Maryland                Cosy: ahybl
School of Medicine
Baltimore, MD  21201                 Phone: (301) 328-7940 (Office)