BSD vs. System V, one last thing...

Jack Herrington jherr at umbio.MIAMI.EDU
Sun Sep 18 06:27:29 AEST 1988

I have always been hanging out on BSD systems, so I have little or no
expereince on the deadly SV.  And all of it as a casual user, no
compilations, etc.  I just found out (I know you people are going to say, "God
you're stupid!") that SV has no virtual memory built in, this makes absolutely
no sense to me since unix had it all the way up to V7 as I remember, and they
scrapped vm for SV.  This utterly confuses me (AT&T has a marvelous way
of doing that to me).

-Jack
 Baffled.