PD version of nawk (was Re: unix books)

Randal L. Schwartz @ Stonehenge merlyn at intelob.intel.com
Tue Apr 18 03:08:57 AEST 1989

In article <261 at nixba.UUCP>, mike at nixba (Mike Lyons) writes:
| true, it's a great book, but the real meat concentrates on the newer version
| of awk, which is in System V3.x.  There are a (I've heard) also a couple of
| MSDOS versions of new awk.  Anybody out there heard of a public domain or
| shareware version of nawk for Un*x or MSDOS?

For a not public domain, but free, version of nawk, get GNU Awk.  I
haven't played around with it much (I prefer Perl now), but I hear it
is pretty stable and useful.

Note: please do not describe GNU as public domain.  It is free.  There
*is* a difference.
--
/=====Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095========\
{        on contract to BiiN (for now :-) Hillsboro, Oregon, USA.             }