Vi bug

Leo de Wit leo at philmds.UUCP
Wed Apr 12 21:02:02 AEST 1989

Maybe someone has been bitten by this one before, but anyway, here it
goes (reproducable at least both on Ultrix 2.x and SUNOS 3.5):

Create a file with at least one line that wraps (depending on your
terminal / window, probably a line of over 80 chars).

Now type '/' (search) followed by windowsize+1 dots (so probably 81).

Surprise! You probably get a corrupted display (even ^L won't help). By
pressing 'n' a few times I managed to get an internal vi error (it goes
back to ex mode). If it matters: my wrapmargin is set to 0.

If you'd be interested why one might want to use such a search pattern:
it was for searching long lines 8-).

	 Leo.