Unix BBS Software

Bob Palowoda palowoda at megatest.UUCP
Fri Apr 28 19:16:27 AEST 1989

>From article <561 at lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU>, by flash at lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (Stephen Corbesero):
>
> I need to put up a bulletin board system on Unix.  Although I have an
> older version of XBBS, I tried to get a newer version, but alphacm
> seems to have disappeared.
>
> My questions are
>   1) Are there any better BBS programs for unix than XBBS?
>      a) If so, what and where are they?
>      b) If not, how can I relocate alphacm?
>
> Thanks in advance.

   alphacm is not dead. The data line is 714-898-8634. I just called it
   an hour ago. The latest version is 7.3.0. You could also get it off
   'fiver' my bbs 415-796-3686 or Howard Leadmon's bbs has the latest
   301-335-1955. All three of these have TrailBlaziers.

   Out of all the UNIX bbs I have seen they all do the same thing.
   Upload/download programs, have a message section and have access
   to Usenet. Some have a command line parser but you get the same
   results. So what do you mean by better?

   To me better would be something like embedded SQL database built
   into the bbs or an Xwindow client/server type BBS to support
   graphics.

   ---Bob

--
 Bob Palowoda
 Work: {sun,decwrl,pyramid}!megatest!palowoda