AWK file extension =? .awk , .w , .k , or .what?

Jeffrey L Bromberger jeffrey at ccnysci.UUCP
Sun Apr 23 02:32:17 AEST 1989

In article <223 at spcc386.UUCP> luc at spcc386.UUCP (Luc Rooijakkers) writes:
>But as far as I
>know, .a is for *archives*, made by ar(1) (e.g. /lib/libc.a), not for
>assembly source: that is .s. Although there seem to be systems using
>.asm or .a68 or .a86 ...

Last time I checked, assembly source (at least here on a VAX
with 4.3 BSD) was tagged with a .s extension.

--
Jeffrey L. Bromberger
System Operator---City College of New York---Science Computing Facility