UN*X for a VAXcluster?

Seth Benjamin Rothenberg sr16+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Apr 5 06:22:26 AEST 1989

I recently spoke with someone who needs a large computer (a few hundred
users, I think).  He wants to run UNIX, but hasn't seen a single computer
that's able to handle this number of users.  The type of hardware
he is thinking of is a VAXcluster - several VAXen sharing all peripherals-
but he said DEC doesn't have Ultrix support for it.  Does anyone know
if there is a version for UNIX that does support this hardware?
(The system he has now shares files over an ethernet, but is not the
system of choice).

Thanks in advance.

Seth

Please reply directly: