Rapid text entry hardware?

Doug Toppin toppin at melpar.UUCP
Fri Apr 28 08:21:21 AEST 1989

This may not be the appropriate group for this question but
here goes anyway. We are interested in attaching a special keyboard to
our machine via a serial port that is similar to what a courtroom
stenographer uses. It will allow a very rapid entry of shorthand
text. The high rate that legal stenographers are able to enter
shorthand is alsso necessary in our application.
Is anyone aware of a company that provides a special limited keyboard
that has a serial interface? We definitely want a separate
device rather than trying to force the user to use a shorthand
set on the normal keyboard. We are also considering using a touch
sensitive keypad.
Thanks in advance
Doug Toppin
uunet!melpar!toppin