Daylight Savings Time, Leap Years, ctime, and date

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Thu Apr 6 15:30:27 AEST 1989

In article <439 at rb-dc1.UUCP> shapiro at rb-dc1.SanDiego.gould.UUCP (Michael Shapiro) writes:
>In article <1006 at necis.UUCP> adamm at necis.UUCP (Adam Moskowitz) writes:
>>  4) Was anything done to make it easier to rewrite the rules for DST?
>A couple of years ago, I looked at this problem ...
>Now let's try to come up with a programmable algorithm for that!

??? Where have you guys been?  A completely table-driven implementation
of the time conversion routines (using external text files containing
the rules, which may be exceedingly baroque) was developed and placed
into the public domain well over a year ago.  elsie!ado seemed to be
the chief instigator of this and is now working on an improved version.