Missing space in root

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Tue Apr 18 02:37:47 AEST 1989

In article <494 at cbnewsc.ATT.COM> schnable at cbnewsc.ATT.COM (andrew.schnable) writes:
=From article <668 at mccc.UUCP>, by pjh at mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg):
=>
=> I run a pair of 3B2/400 (SV R3.1) computers and just noticed a strange
=> ...
=> file systems (/usr and /usr2) on the same machine plus another file
=> system (/MC3) connected via RFS.
=>
=> Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
=
=I would take the machine down to init level 2 (stop RFS) and look
=under the RFS mount points. It could be that your network file systems
=are hiding local files.
=
=andy beehive!schnable

Andy (and others who emailed responses) --

It went away!!  :-(  When I got here this AM, I was greeted by

WARNING:
	hard disk:  drive 0 out of service

PANIC: swap segment - i/o error in swap.

Rebooting showed a possibly damaged /usr2, but an fsck repaired it.  I
guess I'd better go shopping for another 72MB HD!

Eventually, everything rebooted properly and with all file systems
mounted, I now have recovered the missing megabytes.  ????  I'm nervous.

Pete
--
Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Mercer College					CompuServe: 70240,334