Autologout in 4.3

Hans Varkevisser hans at let.vu.nl
Fri Apr 7 17:23:28 AEST 1989

In article <8904061546.AA07490 at cunixa.cc.columbia.edu>, igb at CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Isidore G Bendrihem) writes:
> Has anybody implemented an "autologout" feature to csh in 4.3bsd (vax 750)?
> By this I mean when a user is idle for x minutes, its login shell will
> terminate automatically.
> Thanks.

I have changed the program w to a new programm autologout.
The programm does kill loginshells that are idle for a given time.
It uses the HANGUP signal, it also kills a loginshell with more
running processes when the elapsed time is > 120 min. or for save
use >  240 min.
I use a VAR to check the user-number, a user-number < 20 won't be killed .
It is a beta version but I use it for six month without problems.
The only problem is that the programm w is copyrighted (I think).
But let me know if you want it.

--
Organisation:	Free University, Faculty of Literature
                Amsterdam, the Netherlands