unix books

Andy Clews andy at syma.sussex.ac.uk
Mon Apr 10 21:08:54 AEST 1989

>From article <19046 at adm.BRL.MIL>, by TJM at vax01.ams.com (Thomas Maloney):
>
> Greg Cook was kind enough to forward the list of recommended UNIX books people
> sent him. I consolidated & formatted it to be a bit more readable. Comments are
> those of the original senders.

Tom made a glaring and unforgiveable :-) omission. I would have included

	The Unix C Shell Field Guide
	Author: Gail Anderson and Paul Anderson
	Publisher: Prentice-Hall
	1986, 374 pages, ISBN 0-13-937468-X

This book is a superb all-round guide to C shell, and sits almost permanently
on my desk.
If either of the Andersons are reading this, have you thought of writing
a sister-volume about Bourne Shell?

Andy
--
Andy Clews, Computing Service, Univ. of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9QN, ENGLAND
JANET: andy at syma.sussex.ac.uk   BITNET: andy%syma.sussex.ac.uk at uk.ac