vt200-w termcap entry problem

D. Gumkowski gumkowsk at nadc.arpa
Sat Apr 8 01:45:18 AEST 1989

A (hopefully) quick question about the "vt200-w" termcap entry.  When users
try:           set term=vt200-w
               tset
the users get "Termcap entry too long" and then a segmentation fault.  We
run a pretty vanilla Berkeley UNIX 4.3.  Our termcap.c (Berkeley version
5.1 06/05/85) shows a buffer limit of 1024 so I am assuming the "vt200-w"
(vt200 works by the way) has passed the limit.  Our termcap.src (Berkeley
version 5.28 06/07/86) shows the vt200-? stuff was "From: Bracy H. Elton
<elton at lll-crg>".

Questions:  1)Do we have the most recent version of the termcap stuff?
            2)Should I remove capability from the "vt200-w" to make it
               fit into 1024 limit?
            3)Should I increase the buffer limit or is that too superficial
               a change?

Thank-you for any help.
   Dave Gumkowski <gumkowsk at nadc.arpa>