tape copy and disk format questions

Karl T. Braun kral braun at drivax.UUCP
Fri Apr 28 02:56:19 AEST 1989

I submitted a couple of questions this month to ca.unix.  I don't know if my
questions are particularly dumb, particularly difficult, or if noone is reading
that group anymore, so I'll try here first before I bother the wizards.

1)	How does one make a copy of the BSD distribution tape?  It's not a
	tar tape, and not a dump tape; I need to make an 'image' copy.
	Someone suggested using tcopy, but I don't seem to have that (unless
	it's new to 4.3)

2)	We had our RP07 reformated recently by CDC.  But I got several errors
	while recreating the file system indicating that maybe it was formatted
	wrong (errors on newfs indicating wrong number of cylinders, while
	giving the rp07 disk type).  Could some interleave parameters to the
	std DEC formatter have caused this?

Thanx for any replies,

--
kral 	408/647-6112			...amdahl!drivax!braun
"To surrender is to remain in the hands of barbarians for the rest of my life;