Bit Switching - THANKS

Ralph Wirthlin wirthlin at uvm-gen.UUCP
Thu Apr 6 22:59:49 AEST 1989

I appreciate the flood of mail and responses that were received on bit
switching.  The most effective means of bit switching (for my application)
seems to be:

		c = (b1 ^ b2) & mask;
		b1^ = c;
		b2^ = c;

(And to think I was considering switching *one* bit at a time! :-) )
Again, thanks to all.

					Ralph

Ralph L. Wirthlin          	    |  "Who knows where madness lies ..
EMAIL:wirthlin at uvm-gen.uvm.edu	    |   To surrender dreams, this may be
USMAIL:  BOX 125  Newport Ctr., VT  |   madness .. too much sanity is madness,