ULTRIX 3.0 - /usr/new/csh question

Robert Garvey robert at jive.sybase.com
Sat Feb 4 16:37:11 AEST 1989

In article <1304 at prcrs.UUCP> paul at prcrs.UUCP (Paul Hite) writes:
>In article <6295 at boulder.Colorado.EDU>, rhysling at tramp.Colorado.EDU (Michael Rhysling) writes:
>>
>> In the unsupported software that DEC includes with ULTRIX is a csh
>> which is a "modified version of the command completion, filename
>> recognition csh with new command line edit capability."
:       [most of description deleted]
>Escape and ^D are the only two characters treated specially.  Once you
>get used to this feature, you won't want to lose it.  This also works on
>commands.

With csh on Suns, just set filec and ESC and ^D work as described above
for filename completion.  I heartily agree with Paul.  Though initially
unimpressed,  I now find it a very valuable feature after getting
accustomed to hitting ESC.  The ^D is like an ls in the middle of
typing some command.  It's sorely missed in other versions of csh.

What's the command line edit capability of the ULTRIX csh?

--
Robert Garvey                                       Sybase, Inc
robert%sybase.com at sun.com                           6475 Christie Ave