Wanted: smart expire scripts

Eric S. Raymond eric at snark.uu.net
Sat Feb 11 01:01:21 AEST 1989

In article <314 at alzabo.uucp>, brian at alzabo.UUCP (Brian Hilchie) writes:
> First off I would like to apologize if there is a more appropriate
> newsgroup for this request.  I don't yet have a full feed.

Next time, try news.software.b.

> - scan every user's .newsrc file and expire articles in newsgroups
>   that nobody subscribes to after one or two days

In TMN-netnews, you can set the `volatile' flag on a group to arrange that
any article seen by all subscribing users gets deleted by expire.
--
      Eric S. Raymond                     (the mad mastermind of TMN-Netnews)
      Email: eric at snark.uu.net                       CompuServe: [72037,2306]