Info on remote file systems.

Montana State mtsu at blake.acs.washington.edu
Tue Feb 28 10:55:53 AEST 1989

I'm working on a paper for a class, in which the topic is networked file
systems.  I'm fairly familiar with NFS, and whatever Apollo calls their
filesystem.  What does DEC call VMS's network file system?  What about
AT&T??  I think it's called RFS...  Any problems??  What are the advantages??
How about AFS (Andrew file system), DFS (distributed file system), and
all the home brew systems??

Please let me know anything and everything about these systems...  Problems,
ease-of-use, transparency, performance...  If you think it might be useful
send 'er to me...  Swamp me!! :-)

PLEASE E-MAIL to (don't post):

Internet:  icsu6000 at caesar.cs.montana.edu
UUCP:	   utah-gr!mts-cs!icsu6000
BITNET:    icsu6000 at mtsunix1.BITNET

If you want a summary, please say so in your email...  I'll either post one
summary, or email them.

Documentation, release notes, would be great...  If it's public domain
and I can have a copy of the source, then mail it or let me know where I can
FTP it.  If you can legally send me manual pages, then please do so.

Jaye Mathisen

PS, please don't email to mtsu at blake.UUCP, as that disappears into a black
hole.  Also, if what you're going to send won't reach me before March 15th,
then please refrain from sending it.