vi-like editor for the IBM PC

+Saal S. saal at sfsup.UUCP
Tue Feb 28 22:17:11 AEST 1989

In article <1184 at houxv.ATT.COM+ wad at houxv.ATT.COM (R.WADSACK) writes:
+In article <688 at nvuxl.UUCP>, myron at nvuxl.UUCP writes:
+> I am curious if there is an editor software available that is similar (the more
+> the better) to the UNIX vi editor, but can be run from an IBM-PC in MS-DOS.

+> I would appreciate any help!

+Mortice Kern Systems, Inc. sells a version of 'vi' that will
+run on your PC.  It is claimed to be the "best UNIX(R) editor
+available today for your PC".  It's advertised as fully
+compatible with UNIX(R) SVR3.  It retails for $75.00 (9/88).
+Call them at 1-800-265-2797 for further info.

How does this vi deal with the ".exrc" file?
I assume there is a variable you can set somewhere
that sets the name?
--
Sam Saal         ..!attunix!saal
Vayiphtach HaShem et Peah HaAtone