Bits & parity on console terminal for Ultrix 2.3 system

DHASKIN%CLARKU.BITNET at mitvma.mit.edu DHASKIN%CLARKU.BITNET at mitvma.mit.edu
Sat Feb 4 04:42:45 AEST 1989

Hiya.  We've got a uVAX II that we alternate between VMS and Ultrix and
Ultrix's insistence on having the console terminalk run at 7 bits even parity
is a real pain in the you-know-what when one is frequently rebooting between
the two OSs.

It appears that I should be able to tell Ultrix how that line is configured
(via /etc/gettytab, or is it /etc/ttytab?) but from what I've read and tried, I
can't get Ultrix to let that line be 8 bits, no parity, like VMS does.  Hmm.

I've heard that there's an Ultrix list at info-ultrix at decvac.dec.com and have
sent a note off asking to subscribe... does anyone have confirmation that
that's the right address?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Denis W. Haskin