pwadmin ok?

Walter_Roberson%CARLETON.CA at cornellc.cit.cornell.edu Walter_Roberson%CARLETON.CA at cornellc.cit.cornell.edu
Sat Jan 28 03:42:48 AEST 1989

We recently upgraded our Xenix system to 2.3.1, and are now
considering using pwadmin to set password lifetimes. I seem to
remember, though, seeing somewhere, likely at least 6 months ago,
that there were problems with pwadmin. I read a lot of netmail,
and it is quite possible that the problem only applied to Apollos
or Sun-4's, or some other specific system. If anyone has comments
on the security of pwadmin, I'd appreciate it if you dropped me
at note.
  Thanks,

  Walter Roberson  <Walter_Roberson at Carleton.CA>