unix 'spell'

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.COM
Mon Jan 2 08:07:10 AEST 1989

In article <197660 at hrc.UUCP>, dan at hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel) writes:

> I need to be able to find out what are all the words available in the
> hlista compressed spell file. But how do I do it???

Write a program that will genererate every possible combination of
letters up to some reasonable length (say, 15 letters).  Pipe this
through spell and capture the output.  Words not in common are in
the dictionary.

      :-)  Steve  :-)

Stephen J. Friedl        3B2-kind-of-guy            friedl at vsi.com
V-Systems, Inc.          ****Hi Mom!****        attmail!vsi!friedl
Santa Ana, CA  USA       +1 714 545 6442    {backbones}!vsi!friedl
-------Nancy Reagan on Usenix in San Diego: "Just say *go*"-------