IDLE DAEMON

Mark F. Proudman mfp at sobeco.UUCP
Tue Jan 10 02:23:46 AEST 1989

In article <400 at cjinc.UUCP>, greg at cjinc.UUCP (Gregory F. Hogg) writes:

> 	Is there a IDLE DAEMON program for SYSV out there?

I have a fairly trivial demon that reads utmp every so often (frequency
is a command line option) and kills users idle for longer than the maximum
allowed (another option).  It also allows for a list of users and devices
immune to being killed.

If anyone else would like a copy, mail me.  If there are enough, I will
post to comp.sources.misc.

Mark Proudman	uunet!attcan!sobeco!mfp
		(514) 878 9090
"It is agreed that the ice is thin here" - K&R.