Undesirable Mail

Mike Van Pelt mvp at v7fs1.UUCP
Thu Jan 19 09:13:44 AEST 1989

In article <9541 at ut-emx.UUCP> mariou at ut-emx.UUCP (Mariou Barr) writes:
[ Summary of messages on how to delete mail from selected users.
  One of the messages contains an erroneous statement.]

>If the only thing you can modify is your .mailrc, then you definitely
>lose - /usr/ucb/Mail (or mailx) has no way to do this.

This isn't true.  Here are the relevant lines from my .mailrc file, on
a Sun.  The same thing has worked for me under mailx on SysV.

	if r
	s uucp uucp-trash
	d uucp
	endif

The "if r" around it just prevents me from getting a "You can't save
messages when in send mode" diagnostic when I am trying to send mail.

This works like a charm for me.  I kept getting flooded with worthless
nattering from uucp until I did this.  Now I just glance at uucp-trash
from time to time to see if uucp had anything useful to say to me
for a change.
--
...Defending the truth...is not something one     |  Mike Van Pelt
does out of a sense of duty or to allay guilt     |  Video 7