VI/NROFF symbolics question

Steinar Overbeck Cook steinar at fdmetd.uucp
Mon Jan 30 21:20:17 AEST 1989

In article <889 at auspex.UUCP>, guy at auspex.UUCP (Guy Harris) writes:

>  >> I am a IBM SCRIPT and GGML user.  I need to know how to
>  >> do a symbolic reference in VI and NROFF. (i.e. I want to
>  >> be able to define a table of symbolic strings and their
>
> 	.set variable "FOO" to "Hi, mom!"

I have written a package which takes IBM SCRIPT/VS (with GML's) and
converts it into [n/t]roff commands. As a part of this package I have
used Lex to write a filter which will handle the SCRIPT command :

   .se myvar='My variable'

and every time the macro '&myvar.' is used in the text, will expand it
into 'My variable'.

The program is very simple and straightforward, mail me if you would
like a copy of it.

-------------------
Steinar Overbeck Cook
Fellesdata a.s