Rn help

Gregory S. Baber gregb at dowjone.UUCP
Wed Jan 18 06:53:55 AEST 1989

Hello,
	I seem to be having a problem with rn on my Sun. When I do a 'k'
	on a newsgroup that has a very large number of articles in it
	(i.e. comp.lang.c) rn seems to get "lost" after the kill. The top
	line tells me that I'm reading Article XXXX (YYY more), but there's
	no text displayed after the header information. When I use a text
	editor to actually display the file XXXX in the appropriate
	directory, it's a different file. When I find the file that corres-
	ponds to the header that's displayed, there is text in the article.
	The very next k doesn't kill the subject line that is displayed.

	Most of my files are mounted via NFS (/usr/local/lib/rn, etc) We run
	Yellow Pages and our local network guru had to do some fiddling
	so that we can post from our individual machines and the posted
	articles get queued by the mail server and sent at certain intervals.

--
Reply to: Gregory S. Baber		Voice:	(609) 520-5077
	  Dow Jones & Co., Inc.		UUCP:	..princeton!dowjone!gregb