available memory

Ken Lee klee at daisy.UUCP
Sat Jan 14 09:46:21 AEST 1989

In article <13490 at cup.portal.com> dbell at cup.portal.com (David J Bell) writes:
>Does anyone know of a function, intrinsic to UNIX, or not, that
>will return the currently-available amount of memory that may
>be alloc'ed.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want, but on BSD UNIX (and SunOS)
you can getrlimit(2) on your data segment.   I don't know about other
UNIXs.

Ken
uucp:  uunet!daisy!klee		arpanet:  daisy!klee at uunet.uu.net
"This Lt. Col. is not gonna challenge a decision of the Commander-In-Chief ...
and if the Commander-In-Chief tells this Lt. Col. to go stand in the corner and
sit on his head, I will do so."  -  Oliver North