Terminal emulator for 6386 under UNIX(r)

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Tue Jan 10 03:07:31 AEST 1989

In article <4861 at mtgzz.att.com> avr at mtgzz.att.com (a.v.reed) writes:

>In article <9877 at drutx.ATT.COM>, csr at drutx.ATT.COM (Steve Roush) writes:
>>    For strictly interactive use, I use "cu". ....
>>   I do not know of any UNIX programs outside of AT&T that allow scripting
>> of sessions as can be done under DOS.
>
>Oh yes you do, unless you've never heard of "tee".
>Here is how you use tee to "script" a cu session:

I suspect the concept of "script" here was a control file of commands
(dial/send/expect/delay/capture/etc.) not just a log of the session.
Kermit has a script command that is useful for logging in automatically
but it needs a little work to handle a complete session unless the other
end also has a kermit (main problem is the max length of time it will
wait for an expected response).

It would be nice if cu would let you execute things that look like
Dialer scripts at arbitrary times.

Les Mikesell