UNIX on 3270 Terminals (was Re: Want 3270 Termcap)

Larry Mullen larry at sbo.UUCP
Sat Jan 21 07:26:42 AEST 1989

In article <1019 at ccncsu.ColoState.EDU> steved at longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu (Steve Dempsey) writes:
>In article <479 at csd4.milw.wisc.edu> zdenko at csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Zdenko Tomasic) writes:
>>In article <419 at ispi.UUCP> jbayer at ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:
>>>[he wants IBM 3270 termcap]
>>>JB
>
>Yep, mapping FROM whatever you already have TO IBM 3270.  What the IBM
>folks want goes in the opposite direction, and it's just not there.
>
>Even when unix runs on IBM machines, the terminal of choice is an
>ASCII terminal.  Sigh.
>
>>Zdenko Tomasic

   Without getting too commercial, Motorola offers a system running UNIX 5.3
with an attached 3274 type controller named the model 8174. This will allow
any of the standard 3278, 3279, etc coax terminals to run multiple sessions
on our UNIX and 3270. The coax terminals are translated into looking like
vt220 terminals, under UNIX. If anyone would like more details send me email.

							Larry Mullen
							Motorola Computer Sys.
							...nud!sbo!larry
							(602) 438 5902