BIND modifications for Ultrix 2.2?

Chet Ramey chet at pirate.CWRU.EDU
Fri Jan 13 11:48:16 AEST 1989

In article <18088 at adm.BRL.MIL> Harald Eikrem writes:

##  I have the BIND 4.8 sources. I want to build them on Ultrix 2.2. The
##  first attempt at compiling didn't work. The BIND source expects the
##  function inet_addr() to return an (u_long), however the function is
##  returning (struct in_addr). I will continue to work on getting it, but
##  would appreciate some pointers from someone that has done this.

>The Ultrix compiler does not accept cast from a struct into int (u_long)
>which the Berkeley compiler does.  You would have to change the declaration
>of inet_addr() to int.  That will do it.  Same goes for Sendmail.

This is not correct.  The function inet_addr() is returning an unsigned long,
but the declaration for it has it returning a struct in_addr.  Fix the
definition in /usr/include/arpa/inet.h .

This will fix the sendmail problem as well.

Chet

Chet Ramey			"His efforts in support of this worthy cause
Network Management Group	 were warmly applauded by the doctors; several
Case Western Reserve University	 nurses also gave him the clap."
chet@{cwjcc,pirate}.CWRU.EDU			--  "Weekend Warriors"