Terminal emulator for 6386 under UNIX(r)

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Wed Jan 11 00:58:59 AEST 1989

In article <4861 at mtgzz.att.com> avr at mtgzz.att.com (a.v.reed) writes:
=
=In article <9877 at drutx.ATT.COM>, csr at drutx.ATT.COM (Steve Roush) writes:
=>    For strictly interactive use, I use "cu". ....
=>   I do not know of any UNIX programs outside of AT&T that allow scripting
=> of sessions as can be done under DOS.
=
=Oh yes you do, unless you've never heard of "tee".
=Here is how you use tee to "script" a cu session:

I wondewr if the original poster wasn't talking about writing scripts
that "drive" cu, the way that MSDOS programs such as ProYAM and ProComm
have scripts that make the call, log you on, download messages, upload
files, etc., without human intervention.  I's certainly like to see how
to do that.

Pete

--
Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Mercer College			CompuServe: 70240,334