"yesterdate" function?

Ken Keirnan kjk at pbhyf.PacBell.COM
Thu Jan 5 03:43:11 AEST 1989

In article <19100001 at hpficad.HP.COM> mcr at hpficad.HP.COM (Matt Reprogle) writes:

>I need a way to get yesterday's date in YYMMDD format in a Unix script and put
>it in a file.   I don't want to write a C program implementing an entire
>calendar to do it.
>
>Can anyone help?
>
>Matt Reprogle
>
>{everywhere}!hplabs!hpfcla!mcr

If you are using System V, this little program will do what you want.  If
you are using BSD (or some other variant :-)) you are on your own.

-------- CUT HERE -------- CUT HERE -------- CUT HERE -------- CUT HERE
/*
 * Print yesterdays date in format YYMMDD
 */

#include <time.h>

#define ONEDAY	86400L	/* seconds in a day */

main()
{
	register struct tm *tp;
	long t, time();

	t = time((long *)0) - ONEDAY;
	tp = localtime(&t);

	printf("%.2d%.2d%.2d\n", tp->tm_year, tp->tm_mon+1, tp->tm_mday);
	return(0);
}

-------- CUT HERE -------- CUT HERE -------- CUT HERE -------- CUT HERE

Ken Keirnan

--

Ken Keirnan - Pacific Bell - {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!pbhyf!kjk
  San Ramon, California	                    kjk at pbhyf.PacBell.COM