curses routine displays padding info ...

Dave Settle dave at ucms.UUCP
Thu Jan 12 22:58:37 AEST 1989

I'm having a problem using curses(3X), with terminals which use padding.

Instead of the padding being _interpreted_ by the curses routines, it simply
gets plonked on the screen, leaving it full of '$<5>' sequences where
I've used cursor motion. (The definition of 'cm' in the terminfo file includes
the string '$<5>', as padding requirement.)

The line concerned is:

        putp(tparm(cursor_address, row, col));

In the manual, it clearly states that 'putp' calls 'tputs' which
	"appl[ies] padding info to [the string] ..."

However, clearly the padding information is NOT being 'applied', but merely
displayed.

This happens on all the System V machines I have tried (Convergent, HP-UX,
IBM 6150 [ok - don't tell me], Unisys 5000/95), so clearly I'm doing something
wrong.

Anybody enlighten me?

Cheers,
	Dave.
--
Dave Settle, Universal (CMS) Ltd, Thames Tower, Burleys Way, Leicester, UK.

dave at ucms.co.uk	 (someday)		...!mcvax!ukc!nott-cs!ucms!dave
dave at ucms.uucp 	  (today)

		<--- This way to point of view --->