Getting an un-encrypted fortunes.dat

Bill Randle billr at tekred.TEK.COM
Thu Jan 5 08:37:58 AEST 1989

In article <2673 at m2-net.UUCP> mju at m-net.UUCP (Marc Unangst) writes:
>Well, I just got the Minix version of fortune yesterday,
>and it looks good.  However, I'm looking for a replacement for the
>tiny fortunes.dat file (4k) that was included with it.  I've tried

The original fortune source (by Ken Arnold) with lareg unencrypted
fortune database is available from your nearby comp.sources.games
archive.  It was posted as volume 1 issues 25-42, 64 &91 (source +
patches). [It also has the code to encrypt and decrypt the data base.]

	-Bill Randle
	Moderator, comp.sources.games
	Tektronix, Inc.
	games at saab.CNA.TEK.COM