Xenix mail system

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Wed Jan 18 05:05:38 AEST 1989

Hello netlanders,

	I would like to totally replace the standard Xenix mail system.
Currently I have smail running, with a few kludges in order to let it
work with Xenix.  What I need are copies of the local-transport-agents
(mail and mailx) and/or definitions of what they do.  I want to get rid
of the execmail program as well as all the other unexplained stuff that
SCO supplies.

	UUCP currently calls rmail (linked to smail) which then calls
lmail.  lmail is the first program I want to replace.  I have received a
copy of an lmail replacement from Jon Zeeff.  It looks good, but I do
want some more input since the comments state that it has not been fully
checked out.

	The mailx program (known as mail on SCO systems) seems to call
execmail.  I assume that execmail is the local transport agent.  This is
the second program I want to replace (mailx).  I feel that mailx should
call either lmail or rmail, depending on where the mail is going.  This
would eliminate all calls to execmail, leaving a System V equivilent
system.

JB

--
Jonathan Bayer				Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	        tunnel may be an oncoming dragon