UNIX 9th edition ????

Andrew Hume andrew at alice.UUCP
Sun Jan 15 16:41:34 AEST 1989

In article <19070 at agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu writes:
> I've heard recently of something called  9th edition UNIX being used at
> Bell Labs.  How does this fit in UNIX family tree. I thought all UNIX
> coming out of would be Sys V, SysV.4 being the next generation.

its looking like this newsgroup will soon see the end of questions
on V9 Unix; we are preparing to think about contemplating preliminary
work on plans to develop a schedule for producing the 10th edition
of the Unix Programmers Manual. In honour of this event, we will
be bringing out a new edition of Volume 2 as well.

because i am a masochist, i invite comments on the above plans
(by email please!).

research!andrew or andrew at research.att.com