How to speed up uucp with Telebits(only getting 800 chars/sec )

Snoopy snoopy at sopwith.UUCP
Sun Jul 9 02:00:15 AEST 1989

In article <3175 at csccat.UUCP> jack at csccat.UUCP (Jack Hudler) writes:

|	Think about, some computer (mine) can't take
|	having 9600 baud shoved down it's throat and unbatch news
|	at the same time. :-)

A quick and dirty way to keep news unbatching from dragging down uucp
throughput is to set up a shell script rnews which invokes the real
rnews niced down to 20.  Also helps interactive response if you have
user(s) trying to do stuff while news unbatches.  I believe it is also
possible to set news up to stash the batches away and process them later.
This method, however, requires one to get their hands dirty reading the
documentation.  :-)

  /_______\   qiclab!sopwith!snoopy			|  	  |
    |___|     parsely!sopwith!snoopy			| tekecs  |
    |___|     sun!nosun!illian!sopwith!snoopy		|_________|

		"I *was* the next man!"  -Indy