chown (was: at files and permissions)

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Thu Jul 6 23:48:02 AEST 1989

In article <18414 at mimsy.UUCP>, chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
> The restriction is not bogus, because the system supports disk quotas.

This assume that disk quotas are not bogus in a production environment.
That is, outside a university... anyway, I'll rephrase my comment:

I certainly hope that V.4 does not impose this bogus restriction if you
choose to not make use of disk quotas. I also hope that V.4 doesn't enforce
the other bogus restrictions I remember from my years at Berkeley.

They didn't call it the "fascist file system" for nothing.

[ Pardon my language, but I just saw Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure ]
Business: peter at ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180. | "Bad K&R! Bad!"
Personal: peter at sugar.hackercorp.com.   `-_-' |   -- C. Harald Koch
Quote: Have you hugged your wolf today?  'U`  |       (chk at dciem.dnd.ca)