System messages.

Harry Gross hjg at amms4.UUCP
Tue Jul 18 01:07:07 AEST 1989

In article <17724 at gryphon.COM> snow at pnet02.cts.com (Wild Cat) writes:
>This should be a simple question.
>What in gods name is the file called that prints this message.
>(for the bbs type pnet) login:
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>                      |- That part of the message.......
>And what Subdirectory is it located in.

Depending on the system :-) it is probably the result of a modified entry in the
file /etc/gettydefs .  This file contains the line parameters for various points
during the 'life' of the line.  Specifically, line paramters to be used when
running a getty, line parameters to use when getty/login has been successful,
and the login prompt to be displayed.

If the modem port has its own series of gettydefs, they can be set up with that
login prompt.

--
		Harry Gross				 |  reserved for
							 |  something really
Internet: hjg at amms4.UUCP   (we're working on registering)|  clever - any
UUCP: {jyacc, rna, bklyncis}!amms4!hjg			 |  suggestions?