Restricted Program Access

Frank G. Fiamingo frank at hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jul 7 04:29:05 AEST 1989

I'm trying to set up a program so that is executable only by members of
a certain group.  This group, however, is generally NOT the group that
its members login to.  I thought I could set the mode to say 750 and
then use newgrp.  This works when typed directly in, but doesn't work
in a shell script.  Apparently newgrp spawns a new shell so that the
commands following it are never executed.

Can I work around this, or is there another way to accomplish what
I want?

I'm working with an HP9000/840 running HP-UX3.01 (SysVish).

	Thanks,
	Frank
	frank at hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu