NFS

Wytze van der Raay wytze at gouldnl.UUCP
Wed Jul 26 17:17:26 AEST 1989

In article <20365 at adm.BRL.MIL> mchinni at pica.army.mil (Michael J. Chinni, SMCAR-CCS-E) writes:
>Systems: s1 DEC VAX 8600 ULTRIX 3.0
>	 s2 GOULD PN9080 UTX/32 2.0u03
>Filesystems:
>	s1:	/u1 /u2 /u3
>	s2: 	/u1 /u2 /u3 /u4 /u5
>Wanted:
>	s1 filesystems nfs mounted on s2
>	s2 filesystems nfs mounted on s1
>Problem:
>	How do I do the nfs mounting? I have RTM and did what it said (i.e
>/etc/mount -t nfs s1:/u1 /s1u1
>but I get permission denied. What am I not doing or doing wrong?

Create /etc/exports on s1 with contents:

	/u1	s2
	/u2	s2
	/u3	s2

and create /etc/exports on s2 with contents:

	/u1	s1
	/u2	s1
	/u3	s1
	/u4	s1
	/u5	s1

Now try "/etc/mount s1:/u1 /s1u1".

Next read "mount(8)" to learn about specific options for mounting NFS
file systems, and "exports(4)". Perhaps try reading exports (4) as well.

Please note that you cannot use "dump" for an NFS-mounted filesystem.

--
| Wytze van der Raay                          ...!hp4nl!gouldnl!wytze |
| Encore Unix Centre Europe (EUCE)                 wytze at gouldnl.uucp |