Better debugger?

woods at eci386.UUCP woods at eci386.UUCP
Fri Jul 7 14:46:53 AEST 1989

In article <43028 at psuecl.bitnet> j4b at psuecl.bitnet (Joe B...ski) writes:
> Does anyone know of a better debugger than sdb for c under unix?  I
> have some problems with it and am looking for a new one.  Thanks in
> advance for the help.

Yup.  A newer version of sdb.  Sorry, I couldn't resist.... :-)
The CPLU (APU?) 4.1 version (AT&T 3B2's, SysVr3.1v2) isn't all
that bad.  I hear the 4.2 one is even better!  The problem with
SDB is the manual.  Terse is an understatement!  The discussion
in the Programmer's Guide is much better.  You _can_ do almost
anything with sdb.

Actually, try HCR's dbxtra.  I saw a demo about a month ago, and
was quite impressed.  It seems to be a multi-window version of
dbx, with COFF support hacked in.  It appeared to be as easy to
use as MS-CodeView but more powerful!

There's also gdb (GNU, aka FSF).  Not sure if they have COFF
support.  For X-Window hackers, there's xdbx.
--
						Greg A. Woods

woods@{eci386,gate,robohack,ontmoh,tmsoft,gpu.utcs.UToronto.CA,utorgpu.BITNET}
+1-416-443-1734 [h]  +1-416-595-5425 [w]		Toronto, Ontario CANADA