Re^2: Vi

Leo de Wit leo at philmds.UUCP
Sat Jul 22 17:22:30 AEST 1989

In article <3582 at orca.WV.TEK.COM> jeff at quark.WV.TEK.COM (Jeff Beadles) writes:
|In article <1470 at marvin.Solbourne.COM> dce at Solbourne.com (David Elliott) writes:
(The guy who tried to insinuate I was doing it in my free time 8-)

|>Seriously, it would be nice if sed had C escapes AND a way to specify
|>whitespace.  Often is the time when I type
|>
|>	[ 	][ 	]*
|>
|>and wish I had a nice way to abbreviate whitespace.
|
|I'd settle for extended regular expressions.  (IE: [ 	]+ )
|
|Oh well, maybe if I get to be as bored as Leo :-) :-)

Me? Not half as bored as the poster (and readers) of the n+1 (wrong)
explanation of what 'grep' stands for, or how to reenter vi from ex, or ...

If you care to take a look at the sed script, you might even learn some
useful techniques. That cannot be said of every article that passes in
this group.

    Leo.